Friday, September 21, 2012

Hexagon Quilt

 Hello All

You've heard me talk about my hexagon quilt for quite some time, but I've never gotten around to posting any pictures

I spent almost 2 months piecing hexs in every shade of every color. By the time I was done I had about 200. Then when I did the math I figured out this quilt would be humongous

 
Then I had to make a decision as to what to do. This took another few months


Finally I decided I would cut the number back to about 130 some

 So here are the first 9 stitched, embellished and beaded






I am hoping to have this quilt, plus the under the sea AND the all pink one done by this time next year

If I stick to 4-6 hours a day this might work

Wish me luck!!

Later,
Lauri

5 comments:

Wendy said...

These are very beautiful blocks Lauri!

Gerry said...

Lauri, there are gorgeous! What size are they?

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

Oh my goodness - those hexies are absolutely beautiful!

Frederique said...

Beautiful! I love them all!

Maddie Can Fly said...

I also have been working on hexagons. I think I only have about 25 of so -- LOL. What size are yours?