Friday, September 11, 2009

Thank You

Hello All

Thank you so much for your advice and good wishes.
I do feel better, just writing my rant helped a lot.

You are right I should just ignore the nasty person. I know that in my head, but as I said I lead with my heart.
Plus I just can't stand to give in, it makes me feel like they win. I have a hard time letting someone get the better of me

Believe it or not I handled this situation better than I would have 10 years ago

Thank you so much for your support

Onto other things. I think one reason I have been in a funk is my clothes. I know very superficial. I don't mean they are old or I don't have enough. I mean they are BLAAAAAhh. Blue jeans and some sort of knit top. Boring!!!
I like COLOR and unusual . Back 5 years ago when I was skinnier and worked in the fabric store, I wore overalls and not just any overalls. I had some with aliens, mummies, Mickey Mouse, candy and a whole bunch of other things. In fact I had over 30 pairs I had made. But I 've gained 20lbs so they don't fit.
I am planning a whole new wardrobe of fun clothes. Maybe you ladies at the retreat will get a sneak preview

Off to fondle fabric

Lauri

5 comments:

JK said...

Oh, oh... I'm a redneck, blue jean, t-Shirt, baseball cap loving person, so I best get a new wardrobe. I hope I'm not boring though. :(

Glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I"m the same way with the clothes thing Lauri, seems like I always have the same thing on..I dress for comfort. I need a new wardrobe too! Debbie (Maine)

FredaB said...

Glad to see you feeling better Lauri. Now for a good shopping trip and that should be the ticket. Always seems to make us gals feel better.

Hugs

FredaB

Lauri said...

JK
I didn't mean to imply you were boring. Just that I was bored with I have beem wearing. I've just been dressing for comfort so much that all the "fun" was out of it. I like to be out there, way out there. If I could get away with wearing costumes in everyday life I would. It's just one of those ways my creativity goes.Kinda like my tatoos, they all have meaning and show my personality. The more color around me the better I feel
Lauri

Karen said...

Glad you are feeling better! You will have to post the "new" wardrobe! Will love to see, I could use some cool ideas!