Monday, June 18, 2007

More than a Peeve, less than a Rant.

Hello All

I have been busy working on my Egyptian blocks, I am now up to 8.

Here is what is bothering me. I read my list of blogs everyday, and the thing that irks me is this.

PLEASE PUT YOUR NAME IN YOUR BLOG!!

Your home country would be nice too

I don't mean your whole name, I understand the reasons for that, safety and all. But it really annoys me to go to a blog and not know who it belongs too. There are times I would like to comment and I don't want to leave a message that says" Hey you, enjoy your work"

Let's face it most people who go to our blogs get there because of their interest in Crazy Quilting, and how dangerous are we?

I'm not saying give out your name, address and phone number. I know some people post pics of their kids and grandkids, I do sometimes. You don't want to give out any personal info JUST in case there is a weirdo out there.

But it really helps to connect us to your blogs if there is a name to go with eye candy.

Just a thought

I'll post more pics later of my blocks,

Later,
Lauri

6 comments:

Susan said...

Amen. I was looking for the name on someone's the other day, just to remember who it is. Didn't find it anywhere. =(

Hear Me Roar! said...

Wow, I guess I never thought of this before. Fortunately my name is Tasha, my blog is called Hear Tasha Roar, and my header says "arts and accessories by Tasha". I hope I'm not leaving anybody wondering though!

Thanks for the post, I enjoy your work!

TASHA!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Heck...my name is all over my blog. I figure if anyone wants to stalk me in real life, they can find me without the blog.

~sighs~ Too bad I do not do quilt blocks.

Gerry said...

You're not alone in your frustration, Lauri. But I can also understand wanting some anonymity (sp?). There's lots of weirdos out there.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and don't just call your blog "journal" or "my blog" - arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!

gocrazywithme said...

I was pretty sure my name was on my blog somewhere, and then I actually looked for it, and I couldn't find it. So I went in and changed something that hopefully will add my first name. If that doesn't work, I'll just start signing each post. Thanks for the heads-up.