Sunday, October 29, 2006

Yet Another Block and Tattoo Talk






Hello All,

I am putting up some pics of another block. I don't want you to think that I am some super fast stitcher or something. All the ones you have seen are ones I've had done for awhile.
The center picture is the whole block. I loaded it first but Blogger is weird and puts it where it wants. If I try to move it in the post it looses it's link and you can't expand it when you click on it.
I think this might be my favorite so far. I love the fairy theme.And the pink. I love pink but as you get older you have to be more careful wearing it, so I did a whole block to help me with the pink compulsion. Looking at it I think I definitely need to do some more work on the seams. They need to be built up some more and as always MORE BEADS!
I can also see where some of my stitches aren't exactly even. I think if you are very prone to want perfection like me, especially in your own work, you can always find a flaw. It took a lot of thought before I decided to show my work to anyone who does CQ as I can see every single perceived mistake.
Maybe my next tattoo will be a fairy. If I can figure out where to put it. I have this theory that if I pay money I want to be able to see it, so it can't go on my back. At the same time I have to put them somewhere that I can cover them easily because some people have a huge problem with Tattoos. To me it's just another area of artistic expression but some think it means I am some sort of drug addict or white trash or that it was a youthful indiscretion. Have you seen that SNL sketch about the lower back tattoo remover? I laugh so hard at that one I have to leave the room.
Well back to Halloween costumes. One down one to go. Then the curtains. Then I can crazy quilt!

Later,
Lauri



1 comment:

Jo in NZ said...

Go the tattoos, post pics. There are other CQers out there who haven't been quite brave enough to own their tats yet. I wear mine with pride.
You are so right about preconcieved notions about tattoos,and their owners, especially on women.