Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Siw's RR Block

Hello All

This is the work I did on Siw's block for the Fairy Tale RR. Her story was "The Lion King" . This is my version of The Circle of Life.
First I painted some muslin with some gesso.After that dried, I used Prismacolor colored pencils to do the plains of Africa. I do wish that it came out with a better texture than it did. All in all it's ok I guess, just not how I had pictured it. Then I added the tree and the grass and the animal charms. I also did the black closed buttonhole and orange spike seam at the bottom. Then next was the wavy chain seam to the right. Everything I tried to add to it either didn't show up against the leopard spots or ended up like all the other seams that are already done. So I just decided to leave it as it was. Sometimes it's a matter of knowing when to leave well enough alone.

Later,
Lauri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Gesso on muslin, huh? You've got more cq-able techniques in you than three women ought to have! Keep up the good work!
Janet

Gerry said...

This is fantastic! I love it. The charms are darling. Good job, Lauri.

Candi said...

Wow! You have some amazing ideas! The charms are just adorable. Great work!
HUGZ:)
Candi