Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ist block of Wallhanging



Hello All,

I 've decided to show you some pics of my unfinished wall hanging, Keep in mind that none of these blocks are done yet. You can click on the above pics to get a larger view
I've been working on this for a year and a half.Mostly off for the past year, but I do keep buying things for it.
But first I have birthday dressses, curtains, Halloween Costumes (YUCK) and a few other things I can't remember right now.
As you can tell I am very into fantasy and mythological things.
This is the first in a series of 9 blocks.These blocks are quite ,20 inches square when done. I have mainly used velvets, satins and brocades but there are a few organza overlaid pieces and some tiedyed crepe fabric.
More pictures tomorrow, on to the fairy costume

Later,
Lauri

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauri, your embroidery is to die for! The jacket is real eye candy and I am sure that this wall hanging will be as well!

Can't wait for the Childe Morgan to come out, but I have been told by my children not to buy it. That must mean it will be a Christmas gift and I will have to wait (sigh)!

Lauri said...

Teresa
Thank you for the compliment. I almost more excited to meet another Deryni fan. I have never met another except on the google group. Can't wait til December either
LAuri