Friday, October 21, 2011

Hideko's Bear

 Hello All,

This is the secret project I was working on all summer and couldn't post about


 I met Hideko at the 2010 Retreat , She ended up loosing that years bear. She lives near Sendai and was affected by the earthquake and tsunami.

 I got in contact with the ladies that attended that retreat and asked them to contribute something small to make a bear of Hideko's own.
This is the finished result

She received it today and seems very happy with it

Well off to another project!!

Later,
Lauri

5 comments:

Kari @ The Purple Quiltapotamus said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You did such an amazing job, I'm sure she will cherish her bear forever.

Hideko Ishida said...

Lauri,
Thank you very much for your sweetness! Your bear is so pretty!!
Hideko

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

I think happy is an understatement! Anyone would be thrilled to get one of your beautiful bears!

Susan Elliott said...

I love everything about this bitty bear. The story, the craftsmanship...it's beautiful in every way. I would love to make one one day! Bravo Lauri!

Mermaid's Purse said...

What a wonderful gesture and it's so beautiful too!!