Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TA DA!!!

Hello All,

Well here it is. FINALLY!!!!!
You can click ( or is it double click?) on all these pics to see better detail. It took me several days fighting with the backing, binding and trims.Not to mention the buttons on the front and the back.

Jo suggested that I add a bit of color before the final binding. I was leaning that way to begin with , but it is always nice to have some one else independently confirm your thought. Thank you Jo!! I wanted a multi colored piping but couldn't find any. So I ended up with rat tail , which was nice but had to be sewn on by hand on both sides

Here is the inner border. This is not the trim I wanted to use, but it works well. Jjust could not justify $25 in gas to buy $4 worth of trim. I can see from this pic that I need to tack down that corner piece better. GASP!! I know it is almost sacrilege but may have to glue it. Don't tell the judges please.

And the back, a satin with glitter. Never again will I use satin to back at quilt!! ( Yea right, she says so now)It slid everywhere, including directions I did not know were possible

So that is it. Thank you for journeying with me on this 3167 day odyssey. The judging is Sunday and Monday I believe. I will let you know the results. Will try to hold out until Saturday when we go to the Demolition Derby again

Thank you so much


Jo in NZ said...

Looks great Lauri! Multi coloured piping would have been good, but it looks wonderfully finished.
Great job.Good luck at the fair.

Jeanne said...

beautiful quilt, Lauri. I love the colours , so bright, makes me feel happy.
Good luck at the fair.
Jeanne in Switzerland

Mermaid's Purse said...

Wow - isn't it amazing how that blue around the edge really brings the whole piece alive - it's beautiful!

Gerry said...

It looks really nice hanging on the rod. Best of luck!

Marg in Calgary said...

What a stunning piece of work! I came in near the end of your journey, and have to say, I admire your creativity, tenacity and skill. Great job!