Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Did It!!

Hello All

Well with 4 hours to spare "Janet's Fault" was done in time to enter it in the County Fair
Tomorrow we will go watch the judging and see if it win anything.
Will try to get better pictures when it is hanging but at least you get the idea
I am very happy that I got my miters perfect and that it also perfectly square. Which for a non sane quilter like me it is a huge deal. I did everything I could think of to make sure the quilt didn't get marked down for any of the things that normally plague crazy quilts.
Of course they didn't know what category to put it in as there was not one for crazy quilts
Hope you enjoy it!
Lauri

Added 7/15   I won a Blue Ribbon!!

12 comments:

gocrazywithme said...

Congratulations on getting it done! I will be offering you congratulations again after you find out what kind of ribbon you get! (see how sure I am of that!)

Unknown said...

Now that is motoring :)) well done,
will check back again to see your ribbon :))

Quayceetatter said...

It is a Blue Ribbon Quilt!! Beautiful job.

maire said...

Wonderful work, Lauri! Oh, it's simply gorgeous!!! Hooray for you! Maire

Wendy said...

Congrats on your finish Lauri! It is just beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself.

Faye said...

Beautifully put together Lauri. Well done for you achievement...

Debbie S. said...

This quilt is just beautiful. I love all your color and your stitching is amazing! Congrats on a blue you deserve it!

Kim Ray said...

Awesome. I'm going to go see it in person tomorrow night!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Of course you won a blue ribbon -- it is BEAUTIFUL! And your work is so precise.

Gerry said...

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to visit. You have really out done yourself here, Lauri. WOW - what a beautiful piece.

I am so amazed at how your stitches look just like lace trim. That's fabulous~

So....Did you win?

akaber9598 said...

A big Congratulations! Your quilt turned out simply beautiful!

Diane said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful quilt. You certainly deserve the Blue Ribbon.

Diane in Ontario