Saturday, August 14, 2010

Something Different

Hello Ladies

The other night I lay in bed wide awake. Then I was hit by a brainstorm for a new CQ project. It will be entitled either "Live Famously" or "Live Infamously". I am leaning towards the second.

We have
Amelia Earhardt
Eve
Cleopatra
Queen Elizabeth 1
Marie Antionette
Mata Hari
Helen of Troy
Queen Victoria
Joan of Arc


I experimented with 2 different printers and settings. So I ended up with 3 sets

Here is the challenge. I will have a drawing for the 2 extra sets. Then in 2 months we will compare our blocks and see how different out interpretations are. You only have to have 1 done by then

Since the margins are small you may want to use some wonder under to keep them in place. This works for me as my silkies are the first thing I put on a block

Feel free to let others know about this drawing. Entries will be accepted through Midnight August 21

Let the fun begin!!

Lauri

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Please put me in the draw. This sounds like so much fun. I think the list is good.

Gerry Krueger said...

What a GREAT idea... if my back weren't against the wall with farm stuff I'd jump right in on this one... I'll be watching though... This winter I want to start a suffragette series and have some cool pics... First will be Emmeline Pankhurst...my heroine!! You picked wonderful women.... Gerry K.

Karen said...

Lauri~
Unique idea and I think it would be great fun!! No chance of me winning since I am since I am first!! LOL

Unknown said...

I look forward to all the ideas you talented ladies come up with... and the pics.. A wonderful inspiring Blog. :))

Gerry said...

Boy, I also wish I could commit to a new project BUT I can't. Woe is me....my loss....ho hum....shucks...maybe next time!

gocrazywithme said...

Throw my name in that hat!

Cathy said...

I'd love to participate in this challenge but I'm trying to get Christmas items done right now. What a fun idea. I've got a few things running thru my head right now!



Cathy L