Saturday, June 06, 2009

Forging Ahead

Hello All

Well I finally got this block almost done. The bottom left corner may have more added to it after all the blocks are joined






I really like how this block turned out also. After I figured out what I was going to do on it


See Ing!!! I can do bullions. I have just have never showcased them before. Don't you just love this surfboard? I found it at a bead store in Arvada, I also got some really nice lampwork fish and eels that will be making their presence know on this quilt somewhere



This silkie was taken from a photo taken of my 3 youngest and me when we went to Disneyland the first time, If you notice this is the inspiration for the drawing I did that appears on the right hand column of this blog.
After picking the photo I put it into a photo editing program ( I can't remember which) and there is a process that makes it into a cartoon.
Then I added some BE flowers to the corner




A close up of that da**ed castle. I estimate it took at least 20 hours to do all those knots
Well onto the third block know. Hopefully it will go faster!
Later,
Lauri

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lauri, this block is lucious!! Love it, love it, love it...you are so creative and I just love your stitching! Debbie (Maine)

Cyndi said...

I love the soft colors in this. It's funny - I don't buy pastels, and have it in my mind that I don't like them, and then I see your block and think "wow!" Looks like I need to reconsider my set opinions! 20 hours. Ack. But it looks lovely.

Wilma said...

Beautiful work Lauri, love the coconutpalm made of bullionstitches, you must be a very patient person!

pineapple_ing said...

Hey Lauri!
Are you trying to make me jealous!?
If you aren't.. let me tell you... you have!!! LOL! If I don't figure out how to do them boulions by Sept. you're gonna have to promise me to teach me how.. Okay? LOL! This is beautiful! I love the photo piece! You're amazing! And the castle... That's a lot of french knots.. LOL! Did you try my trick? 20 hours!!!? Sheesh!
Hugs, ~ Ing

gocrazywithme said...

Twenty hours well spent, Lauruuuu!
This block is gorgeous, and the silkie is just the right touch.

Cathy K said...

Incredibly beautiful. All that's missing is....... the blue ribbon you're going to win for this piece!! Hugs, Cathy

Gerry said...

You go girl! This piece is stunning. What a talent you have!

And when the photos are enlarged, they are very clear.

Huggles.

Maddie Can Fly said...

Oh my -- what can I add that hasn't already been said? That sand castle outstanding BUT all those buillion stitches on that tree -- now that makes my mouth fall open! Can't believe it's been so long since I've been to your blog -- I won't let that happen again!

Good luck on meeting the deadline.